Ray

Default Text to numbers

I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1))
4"
3/4"
2"

All works fine except the fraction keeps turning into a date value? I try
formatting the cells but this does not work either? Any advice
--
Ray
Bob Phillips

Ray,

Try this

=VALUE(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("/",D6)),"0 ","")&LEFT(D6,LEN(D6)-1))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips