thanks

Default change numbers to text

Hello,

If a have a colum with numbers and want to convert the numbers =7 to "YES"
and the numbers <7 to "NO", what formula should I use?

Example
9
10
2
With the formula I must see:
YES
YES
NO

Thank you!

thanks

I need to change all the column at the same time, not cell by cell.

Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(A1=7,"YES","NO")

--

HTH

RP

"thanks" wrote in message
Hello,

If a have a colum with numbers and want to convert the numbers =7 to

"YES"
and the numbers <7 to "NO", what formula should I use?

Example
9
10
2
With the formula I must see:
YES
YES
NO

Thank you!

Bob Phillips

Code?

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 to iLastRow
If Cells(i,"A").Value =7 Then
Cells(i,"A").Value = "YES"
Else
Cells(i,"A").Value = "NO"
End If
Next i

--

HTH

RP

"thanks" wrote in message
I need to change all the column at the same time, not cell by cell.

Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(A1=7,"YES","NO")

--

HTH

RP

"thanks" wrote in message
Hello,

If a have a colum with numbers and want to convert the numbers =7 to

"YES"
and the numbers <7 to "NO", what formula should I use?

Example
9
10
2
With the formula I must see:
YES
YES
NO

Thank you!

Gord Dibben

For <7 and 7 use a helper column and this formula copied down that column.

=IF(A17,"YES","NO")

What do you want to do with numbers that are exactly 7?

=IF(A17,"YES",IF(A1<7,"NO",7)) will return 7 if 7, otherwise YES or NO.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:47:02 -0700, thanks
wrote:

Hello,

If a have a colum with numbers and want to convert the numbers =7 to "YES"
and the numbers <7 to "NO", what formula should I use?

Example
9
10
2
With the formula I must see:
YES
YES
NO

Thank you!

CLR

After putting the formula in B1, highlight B1 and you will see a little
black square in the lower right corner of the cell........just double-click
on that square and the formula will automatically copy itself down column B
as far as you have data in column A..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"thanks" wrote in message
I need to change all the column at the same time, not cell by cell.

Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(A1=7,"YES","NO")

--