Nickchups

Default Replicating Formulas between excel files

Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between difference
excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but to
my dismay it makes a reference to the original file.

Regards,
Nickchups

RagDyer

The best procedure depends on how many you're trying to copy.

For one or two, you can select the *entire* formula in the formula bar,
right click and choose "Copy", then hit <Enter.
Now you can navigate to wherever you wish, and Paste it as many times and/or
places you want.

For numerous formulas, *unformulate* them by replacing the equal sign with a
unique character(s), by using "Edit & Replace", and then copy and paste as
regular text to your new location, and then reverse the procedure to return
the equal sign and make them formulas again.

Make sure the unique replacement is *unique*.
Something like carats and backslashes:
^\^\^
--
HTH,

RD

"Nickchups" wrote in message
Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between

difference
excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but

my dismay it makes a reference to the original file.

Regards,
Nickchups

Nickchups

Thanks RagDyer.

That's a very clever solution. I just tested it with a macro and it works a
treat. Given that I have many of these to do. You've saved me a heap of time
and effort.

Thankyou kindly =)

"Nickchups" wrote in message
Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between

difference
excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but

my dismay it makes a reference to the original file.

Regards,
Nickchups

RagDyeR

Appreciate the feed-back.