JENNYC

Default Update current time automatically?

Hi! DOes anyone know how...if it is even possible... to display the
CURRENT time in a worksheet automatically? I am using the "now"
function, but in "help" it says the time will not update unless "the
worksheet is calculated" or when a macro is run. I need to be able to
just have this page up throughout the afternoon and have an alert
message pop up 15 minutes before a "promised completion time" without
having to do anything in the workbook. Is this possible? Any feedback
is greatly appreciated!! thank you!

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579

swatsp0p

Seems to me what you really need is to set an appointment in Outlook
calendar and have it bring up a reminder at your desired time. Much
easier and uses less system resources than leaving an Excel workbook
open with a macro running all day long (and it would take a macro
running all day to do what you ask).

HTH

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391063

JENNYC

oh shoot! :)
well, I do need to do it in Excel becasue there are other conditional
formulas tied into all this as well...i only need the timed ones to pop
up 15 minutes before if it meets 2 other criteria as well...plus this is
a fairly large workbook shared by 8 other users, blah, blah, blah...i'm
sure that makes little sense, sorry! Anyways, you still answered my
question, Bruce! Can't be done! I'll have to just watch the clock! :)
thank you so very much though, i really appreciate your expertise!!!

Take Care,
Jenny
(also from Minneapolis by the way!)

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391063

Dave Peterson

You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

You could schedule a macro that just recalculates (over and over and ...)

(I, too, wouldn't do this. But good luck if you do!)