Timmy Mac1

Default Using Indirect Function to link to Other Files

Is this possible?

I have a situation whereby I want to use one generic spreadsheet to
create results for different data sets.

The different data sets are contained in different files.

I need to bring in each data set into the generic spreadsheet and then
save it as a specific spreadsheet for that data set.

I thought a way of doing this might be bring in the data by means of a
straightforward cell reference eg formula = '[dataset1!]SHEET1'!A1.

To make things easier I would like to use the INDIRECT function instead
of the actual file name so that I can change all the cells by changing
one.

Is this possible?

Thanks
tt

--
Timmy Mac1
Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15188

Bob Phillips

INDIRECT will only work with open files.

--

HTH

RP

"Timmy Mac1" wrote