Denise

Default Format ?

I have a log that has the following columns:

OP EXPIRED AMA ELOPED LWBS ADMIT TRANSFER

Is there a way to prevent more that one column from being filled in. For
example, if the patient goes home they put an "x" in the OP column. None of
the others should be filled in. Sometimes in entering information they will
mark a patient with an "x" in OP column and a room number in the "ADMIT"
column.

I would like to prevent this from happening if possible.

Thanks.
Henry

Denise,

Use a UserForm to input your data.
You'll need 7 grouped Radio buttons on it (one for each option).
Your users will only be able to select one button.

Henry

"Denise" wrote in message
I have a log that has the following columns:

OP EXPIRED AMA ELOPED LWBS ADMIT TRANSFER

Is there a way to prevent more that one column from being filled in. For
example, if the patient goes home they put an "x" in the OP column. None
of
the others should be filled in. Sometimes in entering information they
will
mark a patient with an "x" in OP column and a room number in the "ADMIT"
column.

I would like to prevent this from happening if possible.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

You could have code that monitors changes and issues a warning. But I think I'd
just add an extra column (column A???) and format in big, bold, red letters:

=if(counta(b2:h2)1,"Please fix this line!","")

It should be noticeable and instantaneous to the user.

And then the user can decide which to clean and which to keep.

=====
Another option that you may want to try.

Just use one column and give the user a way to choose the valid options for that
cell.

Data|Validation may be the simplest way.

If you want to try this, take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

--

Dave Peterson