Rory

Default How can I apply this calculation

For example; cells F9 - F20 are filled with prices and i would like to add
£20 to each cell price.
I would like to add £20 to cell F9 and then be able to drag down the coloumn
to F20 and the prices to update.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Rory.
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

- Enter the number 20 into any free cell on worksheet;
- Copy the cell with entered number:
- Select range F9:F20;
- From edit menu (or from popup menu activated with right-click) select
PasteSpecial Add. OK.

Arvi Laanemets

"Rory" wrote in message
For example; cells F9 - F20 are filled with prices and i would like to

add
£20 to each cell price.
I would like to add £20 to cell F9 and then be able to drag down the

coloumn
to F20 and the prices to update.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Rory.

Andrea Jones

Insert a column beside column F (column G), click in G9 and enter the formula
=F9+20, drag the fill handle to copy this formula down the column. If you
want to replace the original values with these new values, highlight all the
new values, press CTRL+C to copy and then use Edit - Paste Special clicking
the bullet beside 'Values' to paste the values over the top of the old ones.
You can then delete column G.

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"Rory" wrote:

For example; cells F9 - F20 are filled with prices and i would like to add
£20 to each cell price.
I would like to add £20 to cell F9 and then be able to drag down the coloumn
to F20 and the prices to update.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Rory.

Trevor Shuttleworth

Rory

put 20 in *another* cell. Copy that cell. Now select cells F9 to F20 and
choose Edit | Paste Special | Operation = Add

Regards

Trevor

"Rory" wrote in message
For example; cells F9 - F20 are filled with prices and i would like to
add
£20 to each cell price.
I would like to add £20 to cell F9 and then be able to drag down the
coloumn
to F20 and the prices to update.
Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Rory.

Ray A

Hi Rory,
HTH
Use a helper cell and enter £20. Copy the helper and paste specialadd into
the cells you want to increase.
ray