eidsonva

Default Decimal key on keypad is ignored

In Excel 2000 with fixed decimal 2 places in the setup, I could enter 10+.
and the cell would read 10.00. In 2003, the decimal is ignored and I must
enter 1000 to get 10.00. Is there a way to fix this change?
Nick Hodge

The functionality has not changed in Excel 2003, the fixed decimal is
overridden if you manually enter the decimal.

I would check a couple of things

1) Your decimal separator under windows regional settings is .
2) If you are wanting to use the system separators, as above, you make sure
that setting is checked in Excel ToolsOptionsInternationalUse system
settings

Of course, you can opt to not use system settings and then make the entry in
the relevant box

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"eidsonva" wrote in message
In Excel 2000 with fixed decimal 2 places in the setup, I could enter 10+.
and the cell would read 10.00. In 2003, the decimal is ignored and I must
enter 1000 to get 10.00. Is there a way to fix this change?

Gord Dibben

The behaviour of Fixed Decimals has been changed in Excel 2003.

Why?, you ask. No idea.

You must now enter 10.0 to get 10

10. returns .01 as you found out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP