archie

Default How do I prevent hidden columns from being revealed by another use

If I create an estimate using confidential information ( i.e. markup %) and
send the file to my client after hiding that column, how do I prevent him/her
from unhiding and seeing the condifdential info?

JulieD

Hi archie

you could protect the worksheet - this will stop the hidden columns being
unhidden unless the protection is remove (or cracked)

however, as it's relatively easy to crack worksheet protection i personally
would make a copy of my worksheet WITHOUT the information in it that i
didn't want the client to see and send that to them.

Cheers
julieD

"archie" wrote in message
If I create an estimate using confidential information ( i.e. markup %)
and
send the file to my client after hiding that column, how do I prevent
him/her
from unhiding and seeing the condifdential info?

JulieD

hi archie

well you could write vba code to do the copying for you, which would
probably speed things up, but i certainly wouldn't rely on excel's
protection to keep the information "hidden".

Cheers
JulieD