archie

Thanks JulieD. I having been doing the copying approach but hoped there
would be something more direct.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi archie

you could protect the worksheet - this will stop the hidden columns being
unhidden unless the protection is remove (or cracked)

however, as it's relatively easy to crack worksheet protection i personally
would make a copy of my worksheet WITHOUT the information in it that i
didn't want the client to see and send that to them.

Cheers
julieD

"archie" wrote in message
If I create an estimate using confidential information ( i.e. markup %)
and
send the file to my client after hiding that column, how do I prevent
him/her
from unhiding and seeing the condifdential info?