Littkerl

Default My excell tool/menu bar disappeared and I cant find it or get it

My excell tool bar / menu dissapeared and I can't get it back? any help?
Ron de Bruin

Hi Littkerl

Do you see other toolbars on your screen ?

You can reset your menubar to default
Right click on a toolbar and choose customize

Under Toolbars select the worksheet menu bar
and click on reset

If not post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Littkerl" wrote in message ...
My excell tool bar / menu dissapeared and I can't get it back? any help?

Kent Finnell

"Littkerl" wrote in message
My excell tool bar / menu dissapeared and I can't get it back? any help?

Even the plain text menu bar [File Edit View Insert Format Tools Data Window
Help]?

That would be unusual, to say the least. If the menu bar is there, right
click on it. A drop down menu SHOULD appear. Click on Standard. The
Standard Bar should snap into place below the menu bar. Right click again
on the menu bar. Click on Formatting and the Formatting Bar should appear.
Be prudent, you can put enough bars up there to crowd the spreadsheet off
the screen (grin).

Finally go to the Tools menu on the menu bar, click and choose Options. On
the View tab click on the items you want to show at startup, Startup Task
Plane, Formula bar, Status bar, Windows in Taskbar. Choose other Window
options per your desires. Click on OK.

--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

Blur

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Littkerl

Do you see other toolbars on your screen ?

You can reset your menubar to default
Right click on a toolbar and choose customize

Under Toolbars select the worksheet menu bar
and click on reset

If not post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Hi Ron:

My Toolbar also disappeared. Only the formula bar is there. All the other
keys (like ALT F, ALT T.. etc do not work)

I followed your instructions above and it doesn't work bringing the tool bar
back either.

Can you help?

Cheers

soi
Dave Peterson

Try this:

open excel
hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe)
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
application.commandbars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = true

Now back to excel and try
tools|customize|toolbars tab

You can select the standard, formatting (and more) toolbars and click reset.

Blur wrote:

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Littkerl

Do you see other toolbars on your screen ?

You can reset your menubar to default
Right click on a toolbar and choose customize

Under Toolbars select the worksheet menu bar
and click on reset

If not post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Hi Ron:

My Toolbar also disappeared. Only the formula bar is there. All the other
keys (like ALT F, ALT T.. etc do not work)

I followed your instructions above and it doesn't work bringing the tool bar
back either.

Can you help?

Cheers

soi

--

Dave Peterson

Blur

Thanks Dave:

I followed your instructions and got following message:

Compile Error:

Expected: expression

and two buttons: OK and HELP

Blur wrote:

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Littkerl

Do you see other toolbars on your screen ?

You can reset your menubar to default
Right click on a toolbar and choose customize

Under Toolbars select the worksheet menu bar
and click on reset

If not post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Hi Ron:

My Toolbar also disappeared. Only the formula bar is there. All the other
keys (like ALT F, ALT T.. etc do not work)

I followed your instructions above and it doesn't work bringing the tool bar
back either.

Can you help?

Cheers

soi

--

Dave Peterson

Blur

Thanks Dave:

I got the message when i hit ENTER after typing in the entire syntax u have
provided.

I thought i typed wrongly, so i did a COPY and PASTE, hit ENTER and still
get the same message.

Blur wrote:

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

It worked fine for me (multiple times).

I used this:

application.commandbars("worksheet menu bar").Enabled = true

and it worked lots of times.

=====
Another option is to kill all the toolbars and start over.

Close excel
windows start button|search|
look for *.xlb
(remember to look in hidden folders, too!)

If you want, rename all you find to *.xlbOLD (just in case).

Then restart excel.

If it worked ok, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

If it didn't work ok, close excel and rename them back to *.xlb (no harm, no
foul).