Abi

Default Another (simpler?) printing problem

I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same (page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page 3, page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2" because I need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use "Auto" - so....
????

Thanks!
JulieD

Hi

what version are you using ... in ver 2000 there was a (supplied) add-in
called the "report manager" which was designed for just this situation
(tools / add-ins / tick report manager - it then appears on the view menu)

however, to obtain this add-in for ver 2002 / 2003 you need to go to the
microsoft site and download it from there.

Cheers
JulieD

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same (page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page 3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2" because I
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use "Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

Abi

Okay, I downloaded (even tho it says it isn't supported for 2003, or XO -
both of which I have!), but it doesn't show up in my Add-ins. Is it because
of the OS and version?

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same (page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page 3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2" because I
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use "Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

JulieD

Hi Abi

have a read of the following knowledge base article
How to install the Excel 2002 Report Manager add-in in Excel 2003

Cheers
julieD

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same
(page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page 3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2" because
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use "Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

Abi

Hmmm....I followed those instructions, however, when I save to rptmgr.exe
file - it's not a zip file, so I skip over that step completely. I could not
find the reports.xla file after doing numerous searches. I founf all the
other .xla files though.

Perhaps the download is broken?

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same
(page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page 3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2" because
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use "Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

JulieD

Hi Abi

i've just tested it and it installed correctly.

try
1. downloading the file from
to somewhere on your hard drive (i think you've already done this so try
first omitting this step)
2. once it is downloaded, double click on the RPTMGR.EXE file
3. choose to install it to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library
4. then once you get the message that it has installed correctly, go to
tools / add-ins and tick report manager

let me know how you go

Cheers
JulieD

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the
CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same
(page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page
3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2"
because
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use
"Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

Abi

Hi Julie,

When I double-click on the .exe file (I just saved it to my desktop so I
could find it easily), it asks me if I want to run it. When I click "Run" it
asks me if I want to Install it. When I say "Yes" I get the EULA. When I
say "Yes" to that, I get this window that pops up and flies by.

I got out my screen capture program and as soon as I hit Yes for the Eula, I
tried to capture the window. It says it's Extracting REPORTS.XLA. I'm
stumped though, because I did a search for it on my PC and can't find it.
Have any suggestions as to where it might get extracted to?

Thanks!
Abi

"Abi" wrote in message
I selected six sheets from a spreadsheet to print (holding down the
CTRL
button to select them).

When they print, they print fine, however the footer prints the same
(page
2, page 2, page 2). I need them to print sequentially (page 2, page
3,
page
4...). I've changed the Page Setup to say "start with page 2"
because
need
it to start with page 2. It numbers sequentially when I use
"Auto" -
so....
????

Thanks!

Abi

Okay - I found it. I ran a search through the whole network, and it finally
showed up under Microsoft OFfice\Office\Library

I don't know why it didn't show up the fifteen other searches I did!

Thanks for all your help!

Abi