Delaina

Default Duplicates in 1 column

I have a spread sheet w/ over 1000 client names. I need a formula that
will let me know if a client shows up more than once in the column. My
brain is dead trying to think of the formula..Any help would be
appreciated! I have a time schedule on this-so hopefully I can get help
fast!
Thanks in advance!

--
Delaina
Delaina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24151

aristotle

If names appear in Col A then in A1:
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,"Duplicate","Unique").

Copy the formula and paste to end of range within Col B.

Please rate my response if you found it helpful. Thanks.

"Delaina" wrote:

I have a spread sheet w/ over 1000 client names. I need a formula that
will let me know if a client shows up more than once in the column. My
brain is dead trying to think of the formula..Any help would be
appreciated! I have a time schedule on this-so hopefully I can get help
fast!
Thanks in advance!

--
Delaina
Delaina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24151
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388694

Anne Troy

Hi, Delaina. Try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel. htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Delaina" wrote in
message ...

I have a spread sheet w/ over 1000 client names. I need a formula that
will let me know if a client shows up more than once in the column. My
brain is dead trying to think of the formula..Any help would be
appreciated! I have a time schedule on this-so hopefully I can get help
fast!
Thanks in advance!

--
Delaina
Delaina's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388694

dominicb

Good afternoon Delaina

Chip Pearson has come up with several ways of dealing with duplicates
in lists. Check out his fine pages he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

HTH

DominicB