patMO

Default How do I get a - when a 0 is typed in a cell?

Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is typed
in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter
with no result.
Gordon

"patMO" wrote in message
Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is

typed
in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter
with no result.

Format Cells-Custom and at the bottom there's a number of very long
gibberish-looking formats - one of those contains the "-" format for zero.

HTH

patMO

Thx guys...however, neither of those worked :( . The format is the same in
both cells. Accounting/No symbol/0 decimals. I get a - in one cell and a 0
in the other when typing a 0. I have tried format painter to copy the
format. I want a - when I type a 0.

Hi,

"Gordon" wrote:

"patMO" wrote in message
Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is

typed
in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter
with no result.

Format Cells-Custom and at the bottom there's a number of very long
gibberish-looking formats - one of those contains the "-" format for zero.

HTH

Earl Kiosterud

Pat,

Check the format codes (Format - Cells - Number - Custom). We'll go from
there. Are these on different sheets? If so, check Tools - Options -
View - Zero values (it's sheet-level). Not sure that any of these are your
problem, but worth looking at.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com