eelrjm1

Default Screen does not clear when exit Excel after editing.

When I exit Excel after doing some editing, I get a ghost image of the data.
This does not happen with Word etc. I have to clear it every time by doing a
window refresh.
Dave Peterson

Computers are pretty complex. I don't know if this is an excel problem, a
windows problem, a video driver problem or what.

You may want to verify that you have the most current drivers for your video
card.
You may want to toggle some display settings.
In win98, I can get to them via:
Rightclicking on "my computer" (on the desktop)
choosing properties
Then Performance tab
then clicking the Graphics button

I can fiddle with the hardware acceleration setting.

If you do any tweaking of any setting, make sure you write down what it was
before you started. (It'll save hours of struggling and buckets of tears
if/when you want to put things back.)

===
Does it only happen if you've got lots of things running? (I have no idea how
to fix that (except to stop doing that), but maybe it's a memory/virtual memory
problem.)

--

Dave Peterson