Arden P via OfficeKB.com

Default Sorting and Exporting

Hi -
I am having a difficult time accomplishing this (in theory only, it appears)
seemingly easy task. I have a worksheet of data 50,000 rows by 9 columns
that I need to separate. I want the divided data to be split every 500 rows
and saved in its own file (although at this point I would settle for
exporting it to a different worksheet in the same workbook or a similar
variation). So at the end I will end up with data files/worksheets/etc. that
would contain 500 rows by 9 columns each - in the end amounting to seperate
100 files. I have tried numerous ways to attempt to do this but I haven't
found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm on the clock
for this project. Thanks in advance.
-Arden
Earl Kiosterud

Arden,

If you're doing this manually, to select 500 rows, press F5 (Goto). Type
1:500. Enter. Now you could cut this selection (Edit - Cut), paste to a
different worksheet in a different workbook, or however you want to save
this first group of rows.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Arden P via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message

[...]

Arden P via OfficeKB.com

I know how to do that part of it, but I was wondering (hoping) that there was
a way to automate the process so that it will cut and seperate on its own.
Somebody told me that there was a way to do this, but... ya. Anybody?
-Arden

Earl Kiosterud wrote:
Arden,

If you're doing this manually, to select 500 rows, press F5 (Goto). Type
1:500. Enter. Now you could cut this selection (Edit - Cut), paste to a
different worksheet in a different workbook, or however you want to save
this first group of rows.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Hi -
I am having a difficult time accomplishing this (in theory only, it

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]