L.Skaggs

Default Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2

When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the
outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture
will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes
off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen.
Grab and move it again and it shows up again....

HELP??????

My IT guy is lost on this one!
Dave Peterson

It sounds more like a windows display problem to me.

Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.)

But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display
settings.

I use WinXP home.

If I rightclick on My Computer and choose properties,
I can choose Advanced|Performance Settings Button
then Visual Effects.

there are a couple of options I could play with.

Write down anything before you change it. You'll want to be able to go back to
the original settings if it doesn't help.

Good luck,

--

Dave Peterson
Ron de Bruin

Hi

I have the same problem in Office XP (sp3) sometimes
And I have the "Advanced|Performance" set to Best Performance.

When I find a solution I will post back in this thread

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

L.Skaggs wrote:

When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the
outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture
will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes
off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen.
Grab and move it again and it shows up again....

HELP??????

My IT guy is lost on this one!

--

Dave Peterson

Ron de Bruin

Not yet Dave

I change it and see if this will help.
The strange thing is that I don't have the problem all the time.

--

L.Skaggs wrote:

When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the
outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture
will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes
off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen.
Grab and move it again and it shows up again....

HELP??????

My IT guy is lost on this one!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

L.Skaggs

Thanks for the posts guy's!

Between my IT guy and myself, we have tried several things including Daves
suggestion with none helping the issue. We have even reinstalled Office....

I do not have this issue with WORD, I can insert pics and do everything as
normal there. Do the two programs use video memory different or what? Why
will it work in Word and not Excel?

The problems started when I got a new machine (IBM Think Centre). I did not
have any issues with Excel 2002 on the old machine.

Ron de Bruin

The problems started when I got a new machine
Same for me

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"L.Skaggs" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the posts guy's!

Between my IT guy and myself, we have tried several things including Daves
suggestion with none helping the issue. We have even reinstalled Office....

I do not have this issue with WORD, I can insert pics and do everything as
normal there. Do the two programs use video memory different or what? Why
will it work in Word and not Excel?

The problems started when I got a new machine (IBM Think Centre). I did not
have any issues with Excel 2002 on the old machine.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Dave and L.Skaggs

After I change my Theme in the display properties to Classic it is working correct for me.
Have you try that ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"L.Skaggs" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the posts guy's!

Between my IT guy and myself, we have tried several things including Daves
suggestion with none helping the issue. We have even reinstalled Office....

I do not have this issue with WORD, I can insert pics and do everything as
normal there. Do the two programs use video memory different or what? Why
will it work in Word and not Excel?

The problems started when I got a new machine (IBM Think Centre). I did not
have any issues with Excel 2002 on the old machine.

Ron de Bruin

Update :

Problems again

Now I update my drivers on this brand new system and it seems to work OK now.
Ati Radeon 9550

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Hi Dave

"L.Skaggs" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the posts guy's!

Between my IT guy and myself, we have tried several things including Daves
suggestion with none helping the issue. We have even reinstalled Office....

I do not have this issue with WORD, I can insert pics and do everything as
normal there. Do the two programs use video memory different or what? Why
will it work in Word and not Excel?

The problems started when I got a new machine (IBM Think Centre). I did not
have any issues with Excel 2002 on the old machine.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Hmmmmmmmm....

So, for you, it wasn't excel.

That's good to know. Thanks for posting.