Ken Rock

Default Sending data to cell

Hi,
If I have data in Sheet1, cell A3 and I want it to appear in Sheet2 cell
D6, I can put a formula in Sheet2,D6 - something like =Sheet1!A3.
How can I send the data to Sheet2,D6 without having a formula in D6?
Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ken Rock
Jon Peltier

Without a macro, you can't. Why can't Sheet2!D6 accommodate a formula?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ken Rock wrote:

Hi,
If I have data in Sheet1, cell A3 and I want it to appear in Sheet2 cell
D6, I can put a formula in Sheet2,D6 - something like =Sheet1!A3.
How can I send the data to Sheet2,D6 without having a formula in D6?
Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ken Rock

Ken Rock

Ken Rock wrote:

Hi,
If I have data in Sheet1, cell A3 and I want it to appear in Sheet2
cell D6, I can put a formula in Sheet2,D6 - something like =Sheet1!A3.
How can I send the data to Sheet2,D6 without having a formula in D6?
Thanks in advance.

Regards, Ken Rock

Many thanks for your prompt response.
I want to insert some data into a cell in Sheet 1 which will cause a
ripple-through effect resulting in more pieces of data appearing in
cells elsewhere in Sheet 2. These resultant additional pieces of data
are then detected and automatically re-inserted into Sheet 1, whereupon,
more data appears in Sheet 2...etc.
At this stage, I do not know where the generated data will turn up and
therefore I cannot put a formula into the required cell. Having detected
and located the new data in Sheet 2, I have to send it to Sheet 1. I
am also worried about creating circular references.
I hope I have defined my problem clearly enough.
Regards, Ken Rock