Kaval

Default Command Button crashing workbook?

I have an excel file which crashes and closes excel as soon as it is opened.
I see the worksheet appear very briefly before it all closes.

It is a file I last saved on a Mac but am trying to open on a PC with Excel
2000. It has VBA macros and I have tried disabling these on opening but get
exact same result.

I have an inkling it may be to do with a command button on the worksheet.
The file opens OK on my Mac but the command button doesn't function. COuld it
be that the command button was originally created on a PC, but is
incompatible with excel for mac, and then creates a glitch when reopened on
PC.

Any other likely reasons?

I would be grateful for any advice. Anyone with similar experience? I would
like to be able to recover the file on the PC or at least understand why it
is crashing.

Thanks, Kaval

Dave Peterson

From what I've read, Mac's don't support the Control toolbox toolbar controls.

I think I'd close excel (and any other program running) and clean up the windows
temp folder.

Windows start button|Run
%temp%

is a quick way to get there.

If that doesn't help, here are some links for further reading.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

--

Dave Peterson