Kaval

Default Command Button crashing workbook?

I have an excel file which crashes and closes excel as soon as it is opened.
I see the worksheet appear very briefly before it all closes.

It is a file I last saved on a Mac but am trying to open on a PC with Excel
2000. It has VBA macros and I have tried disabling these on opening but get
exact same result.

I have an inkling it may be to do with a command button on the worksheet.
The file opens OK on my Mac but the command button doesn't function. COuld it
be that the command button was originally created on a PC, but is
incompatible with excel for mac, and then creates a glitch when reopened on
PC.

Any other likely reasons?

I would be grateful for any advice. Anyone with similar experience? I would
like to be able to recover the file on the PC or at least understand why it
is crashing.

Thanks, Kaval