One Excel User

Default Excel should allow independent zoom adjustment of split panes

I use the split pane feature of Excel, but I feel it could be improved if one
could independently adjust the zoom of each pane. One of the panes could
then be used as a sort of outline at fractional magnification, while the
other pane could be used to modify individual cell content at higher
magnification.
Earl Kiosterud

One,

One issue would be that the rows (or columns) would no longer line up across
the panes, as they do with split panes. You may wish to use a separate
window (Window - New window). You can put the windows side by side, and
have total control of sheet selection, zooming, etc., in each. More
trouble, but it might be worth it in for your requirements.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"One Excel User" <One Excel wrote in message
I use the split pane feature of Excel, but I feel it could be improved if
one
could independently adjust the zoom of each pane. One of the panes could
then be used as a sort of outline at fractional magnification, while the
other pane could be used to modify individual cell content at higher
magnification.

Gord Dibben

Instead of Split Panes use two side by side Windows, which can be zoomed at
differing values.

With your workbook open to a sheet, select WindowNew Window

Then WindowArrangeVertical.

Each window can have the same or different view of the sheet or a different
sheet or even a sheet in a separate open workbook.

Not what you asked for for, just an alternative.

To reach MS with your suggestion go to

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:53:06 -0800, "One Excel User" <One Excel
wrote:

I use the split pane feature of Excel, but I feel it could be improved if one
could independently adjust the zoom of each pane. One of the panes could
then be used as a sort of outline at fractional magnification, while the
other pane could be used to modify individual cell content at higher
magnification.

Dave Peterson

just some further info...

After you do that window|new window, and you'll see something like:

book1.xls:1
book1.xls:2
(the :# represents those windows--not separate copies of the workbook).

When you get tired of seeing those separate windows, select the one you don't
want anymore. Hit ctrl-w to close it.

Remember to save the workbook the way you like.