Sujesh

Default Removing characters from datetime field

I have an XL sheet with data in the format "07/07/2005 10:00:00". I need it
in the format "07/07/2005 10:00", so that I can create a pivot table with
the date and count of some records. How do I make the date in this format.
Tried the formatting, but it works incorrectly in the pivot table. Pls help...
Dave Peterson

Are you sure the raw data is really date/time?

If you put this in an unused cell
=count(a2:a99)
in a cell (use the correct range)

And this in another:
=counta(a2:a99)

do you get the same results?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

When I had dates/times in my pivottable, I could select those cells in the
pivottable and format them the way I wanted.

But that didn't work for you???

What happened?