K B via OfficeKB.com

Default Cut and Paste Question for an Excel Guru

Here is a question for a true Excel master.

I am having problems cutting and pasting Excel graphs/cells as pictures into
word or ppt. The problem is that Excel seems to cut off part of the image.

I am currently working in 2000 and I know I have NOT a problem cutting and
pasting very large cell groups/graphs in previous versions. I have just
spent the last 2 hours with my corporate help desk and they are stumped. Is
this a glitch in the software or is there a setting I can change? Help!

--
KB
Damon Longworth

Try copying the data as a picture. Hold the shift key down, then when you
access the Edit menu Copy Picture will be available.

Have a look here for some hints with PPT

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"K B via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
Here is a question for a true Excel master.

I am having problems cutting and pasting Excel graphs/cells as pictures
into
word or ppt. The problem is that Excel seems to cut off part of the
image.

I am currently working in 2000 and I know I have NOT a problem cutting and
pasting very large cell groups/graphs in previous versions. I have just
spent the last 2 hours with my corporate help desk and they are stumped.
Is
this a glitch in the software or is there a setting I can change? Help!

--
KB

K B via OfficeKB.com

Thank you Damon,

I have tried copying the data as a picture. The site you referenced below
explains that copied images larger than the printable area will be truncated
(this is what is happening) however, I know in previous versions of Excel
this was not happening (I was copying large amounts of data and pasting it in
Adobe Illustrator for presentation purposes). This is still a bit of a
mystery. It sounds like this is an issue with 97 and newer versions. Let me
know if you have any further thoughts. Thanks again for you help!

-KB

Damon Longworth wrote:
Try copying the data as a picture. Hold the shift key down, then when you
access the Edit menu Copy Picture will be available.

Have a look here for some hints with PPT

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

Here is a question for a true Excel master.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]