yhtak

Default Number formatting - what's going on?

My cell format is "general" with no decimal places and comma separator
ticked... if I enter a number e.g. 54389, the last two digits are dropped and
the number rounds up. If I type the comma e.g. 54,389 it displays correctly.
On Friday I didn't have to type in the comma, now I do. Can anyone explain
what I need to do to get it to go back to the original format?
Norman Jones

Hi Yhtak:

Try:

Tools | Options | Edit | Untick the 'Fixed Decimal' option.

---
Regards,
Norman

"yhtak" wrote in message
My cell format is "general" with no decimal places and comma separator
ticked... if I enter a number e.g. 54389, the last two digits are dropped
and
the number rounds up. If I type the comma e.g. 54,389 it displays
correctly.
On Friday I didn't have to type in the comma, now I do. Can anyone
explain
what I need to do to get it to go back to the original format?

David Biddulph

"yhtak" wrote in message
My cell format is "general" with no decimal places and comma separator
ticked... if I enter a number e.g. 54389, the last two digits are dropped

and
the number rounds up. If I type the comma e.g. 54,389 it displays

correctly.
On Friday I didn't have to type in the comma, now I do. Can anyone

explain
what I need to do to get it to go back to the original format?

Tools/ Options/ Edit
Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places"
--
David Biddulph