Delaina

Default Number Formatting

Hello-
I have a report for work that I have to do today and on the spreadsheet
there are phone numbers that were entered on a spreadsheet as
(###)###-#### I need to reformat the numbers w/out the special
characters. I tried custom format and that didn't work. I tried a
formula and that didn't work..so basically I need my phone numbers in
the spread sheet to look like this ##########. Is there a way to do
that?
Thanks,
Delaina

--
Delaina
Delaina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24151

mangesh_yadav

If your phone nos is in A1, then enter the following formula in B1:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"(",""),")"," "),"-","")

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

swatsp0p

Or another way, also in B1; copied down your range of numbers:

=MID(A1,2,3)&MID(A1,6,3)&RIGHT(A1,4)

Good Luck

Bruce

--