capnsean

Default Consolidation

I have a large amount of data in several columns that I would like to
put into one in the following manner:

A1=x
B1=y
C1=z

I want to consolidate x y and z with commas in one cell = x,y,z

Thanks for the help!

--
capnsean
capnsean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25049

capnsean

I guess spacing doesn't work, and I won't want to tempt fate in trying
html.

What I mean is this:
A1=x
B1=y
C1=z

I want to consolidate x y and z with commas in one cell = x,y,z

--
capnsean
capnsean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25049
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385725

Dave Peterson

=a1&","&b1&","&c1

if a1, b1 or c1 could be empty and you don't want x,,z, then this'll work, too:

=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A1&" "&B1&" "&C1)," ",",")

capnsean wrote:

I have a large amount of data in several columns that I would like to
put into one in the following manner:

A1=x
B1=y
C1=z

I want to consolidate x y and z with commas in one cell = x,y,z

Thanks for the help!

--
capnsean
capnsean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25049
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385725

--

Dave Peterson
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1

to do this with an entire column with a User Defined Function:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

or to use a macro to concatenate in place:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/mergedata.html

In article ,
capnsean