ChAnDeRu

Default How to stop reviewing bar from automatically appearing

Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps
showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next
time.

Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the registry?

I just don't want the barthere....

Thx.

--
NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-)
Alan

Nor do most people I think!, That ,and the accursed smart tags are the
annoying things about the later versions of XL.
As far as I'm aware the only way to permanently stop it is using code in a
Worksheet _Open or Activate event.
Obviously adding VBA code to each and every workbook is even more of a pain
in the bum than closing the toolbar each time.
I look forward to any solution that anyone may have!
Regards,
Alan.
"ChAnDeRu" wrote in message
Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps
showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next
time.

Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the
registry?

I just don't want the barthere....

Thx.

--
NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-)

DNA

Sure,

Tools | Options | View

HTH

Alan

Please explain, how do you turn off the reviewing bar from there?
Regards,
Alan.
"DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
Sure,

Tools | Options | View

HTH

Norman Jones

Hi ChAnDeRu,

See the following post by Jim Rech:

http://tinyurl.com/auoyb

---
Regards,
Norman

"ChAnDeRu" wrote in message
Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps
showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next
time.

Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the
registry?

I just don't want the barthere....

Thx.

--
NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-)

DNA

Oh, if that's what you're talking about, the little green tags on each
cell, then:

Tools | Options | Error Checking and uncheck "Enable background error
checking"

Alan

Smart Tags, yes.Those annoying little things too! I know you can get rid of
those with the 'Options' menu, but how to disable the 'Reviewing' Toolbar
(which I, and apparently others have no use at all for) without using code
on every workbook? Is it possible? I hope it is!
Regards,
Alan.
"DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
Oh, if that's what you're talking about, the little green tags on each
cell, then:

Tools | Options | Error Checking and uncheck "Enable background error
checking"

ChAnDeRu

Norman,

Where do I enter this script? Does it need to go on each spreadsheet or run
only once for it to work?

Thanks
Russ
--

"ChAnDeRu" wrote in message
Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps
showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next
time.

Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the
registry?

I just don't want the barthere....

Thx.

--
NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-)

Norman Jones

Hi Russ,

The procedure operates on the active workbook.

If you have a lot of workbooks that are subject to this problem, you could
assign the maceo to a custom toolbar button.

Alternatively, you could wrap the macro in a loop to run on (say) all
workbooks in a designated folder.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi ChAnDeRu,

See the following post by Jim Rech:

http://tinyurl.com/auoyb

---
Regards,
Norman

Norman Jones

Hi Russ,

Where do I enter this script?

If you intend to run the procedure on demand, try putting the procedure in a
standard module in your Personal macro workbook.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi ChAnDeRu,

See the following post by Jim Rech:

http://tinyurl.com/auoyb

---
Regards,
Norman

ChAnDeRu

Thanks for your help,

I was hoping there was a system setting to change, so I wouldn't have to run
a macro or anything....
--

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi ChAnDeRu,

See the following post by Jim Rech:

http://tinyurl.com/auoyb

---
Regards,
Norman

Debra Dalgleish

Dave Peterson suggested a non-macro solution in a similar thread, a
while ago:

"Another option that I saw on a word newsgroup that I thought was
kind of neat was to take ownership of the reviewing toolbar. Remove all
the icons you don't want and add all your favorites. And have it
showing all the time."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...=en&lr=lang_en

Alan wrote:
So was I!

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Russ,

Where do I enter this script?

If you intend to run the procedure on demand, try putting the procedure
in a
standard module in your Personal macro workbook.

---
Regards,
Norman

.. .