Sheila

Default How do I change an e-mail address in Excel?

When I make a change in an e-mail address in Excel it shows up visually but
when I click on it, it opens an e-mail with the old e-mail address. Please
help.
Ken Macksey

Click on the cell and delete the old address. Then click the insert menu,
hyperlink and in the address bar at the bottom of the window that opens,
type the new email address and click ok.(Excel 2002) May vary slightly for
other versions of excel.

HTH

Ken

Norman Jones

Hi Sheila,

Right-click the hyperlink, Hyperlink | Edit hperlink... opens a hyperlink
edit dialog . The dialog can be used to edit the email address and/or the
worksheet representation.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sheila" wrote in message
When I make a change in an e-mail address in Excel it shows up visually
but
when I click on it, it opens an e-mail with the old e-mail address. Please
help.

Ken Macksey

Hi

I have win xp as well and also excel 97 and excel 2002 and both have
hyperlink on the insert menu. Sorry, but I don't know why you don't. Maybe
Norman Jones suggestion will work for you.

Ken

Dave Peterson

A shortcut to that hyperlink dialog is to select the cell, then hit ctrl-k.

--

Dave Peterson