pwermuth

Default Selecting lots of charts

How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all
charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete?

Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire
cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in?

Peter

--
pwermuth
pwermuth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24997

ScottO

Assuming that these charts are objects in a worksheet, you could use Select
Special (press F5 and hit the Special button on the lower left), then choose
objects.
This will select all the objects on the sheet charts, shapes, text boxes,
etc..
You can then deselect the ones you want to keep and delete the rest.
Rgds,
ScottO

"pwermuth" wrote in
message ...

| How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all
| charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete?
|
| Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire
| cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in?
|
| Peter
|

| --
| pwermuth
| pwermuth's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385432

Debra Dalgleish

To select all the objects on the sheet --
Choose EditGo To, click Special
Select Objects, click OK

Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple
Objects' tool to one of your toolbars:

Choose ToolsCustomize
Select the Commands tab
Select the Drawing Category
Drag the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool onto one of your toolbars
Click Close

Then, click the Select Multiple Objects button, and select any or all
objects on the worksheet.

pwermuth wrote:
How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all
charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete?

Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire
cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in?

Peter

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Jon Peltier

Note that deleting the rows or columns without deleting the chart
objects themselves will leave you with hairline width or height charts,
which are hard to detect afterwards, though they can cause plenty of grief.

You could go to the Immediate Window of the VB Editor, type in the
following line, and press Enter to select all the chart objects:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Select

or if you didn't want to unselect a few first, this line deletes them all:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Delete

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

pwermuth wrote:

How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all
charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete?

Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire
cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in?

Peter

pwermuth

Thank you. This worked perfectly. Never knew about GoTo Special