Philden

Default Excel sheet meltdown help!

Excel was working fine then for some unknown reason everytime I open up a
workbook the "edit toolbar" appears next to the highlighted cell. I cant turn
it off nor can I enter text into the highlighted cell without double clicking
it first. Any help would be most welcome
--
Philden
Anne Troy

I don't know what the EDIT toolbar is, except in the Visual Basic Editor. If
you mean the Edit menu has gone awry, you should probably troubleshoot Excel
by renaming your *.xlb file:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Philden" wrote in message
Excel was working fine then for some unknown reason everytime I open up a
workbook the "edit toolbar" appears next to the highlighted cell. I cant

turn
it off nor can I enter text into the highlighted cell without double

clicking
it first. Any help would be most welcome
--
Philden

Philden

If you click on the "Edit" option at the top of an excel sheet a drop down
box containing cut, copy, pate, fill, clear delete, etc will appear. This
drop down box opens all by itself on any workbook I open and it is positioned
next to the highlighted cell of a work sheet. I cant close the box or post
any data to the worksheet without doublclicking on the highlighted box first.
The "drop down edit box" stays open all the time.
--
Philden

"Philden" wrote in message
Excel was working fine then for some unknown reason everytime I open up a
workbook the "edit toolbar" appears next to the highlighted cell. I cant

turn
it off nor can I enter text into the highlighted cell without double

clicking
it first. Any help would be most welcome
--
Philden

Anne Troy

Okay. That's a menu. And I'd first reset my Worksheet menu
(Tools--Customize, Toolbars tab. Choose the Worksheet menu--leaving it
checked but selecting it--and hit Reset)
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com