marisa

Default Excel should let me create an automated list of the name box

When the name box is used to link cells from other worksheets, or to link
matrices to a single name, for lots of data, one can get lost as to what name
links to what cell/group of cells, especially if it is a "hand-me-down"
spreadsheet. Is there a way to make an automated list that shows you the
name and what cell(s) it links to instead of going through
"InsertNameDefine" and copy the name, paste in Word, then go back and copy
the "Refers to" field and re-paste in Word, n-times?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

George Nicholson

You mean something like:
- Activate an empty sheet
- InsertNamePastePasteList

Should give you a two-column list: NamedRanges and RefersTo

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"marisa" wrote in message
When the name box is used to link cells from other worksheets, or to link
matrices to a single name, for lots of data, one can get lost as to what
name
links to what cell/group of cells, especially if it is a "hand-me-down"
spreadsheet. Is there a way to make an automated list that shows you the
name and what cell(s) it links to instead of going through
"InsertNameDefine" and copy the name, paste in Word, then go back and
copy
the "Refers to" field and re-paste in Word, n-times?

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gord Dibben

Select a cell in an empty column.

InsertNamePastePaste List.

This function has been around for many versions of Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP