Wayne

Default Excel File Restore ??

Hi Folks,

I have been a complete plank (and feel free to call me such), I made some
changes to an Excel spreadsheet I have saved on my PC and accidently clicked
on "SAVE". Is there a facility where I can roll back to the sheet in it's
previous state as you can do with System Restore in Windows ????

PLEASE HELP as I don't want to have to start all over again - just heading
off to hide in shame..........

Thanks
Wayne
Dave Peterson

Do you have a backup?

Have you shared it with others (maybe via email--so an earlier copy would be in
your sent folder) or ask a recipient to send it back?

If no, then I think you're in trouble.

For the next time, you may want to try:
file|SaveAs|Tools menu|General options|Check always Create backup.

=======
And a too-late tip...

When I wanted to create a new workbook based on an existing workbook, I'd do:
File|Open
select my file and click on the dropdown arrow on the Open button.
Choose ReadOnly.

(Or try to remember to save it as a new name as soon as you start.)

--

Dave Peterson