Chandra

Default Rounding Formulas

I'm working in a spreasheet that has a lot of formulas, if I want to round
the number that a formula shows, do I need to do that in a different colmn or
is there something I can add to the formula to round it to the nearest
dollar? Here is an example if the formula I'm often using in this
spreadsheet.

=((C22*G11)*G17)
Barb R.

=round((C22*G11)*G17),0) should do it.

If you want the result to the nearest PENNY, do this:

=round((C22*G11)*G17*100),0)/100

"Chandra" wrote:

I'm working in a spreasheet that has a lot of formulas, if I want to round
the number that a formula shows, do I need to do that in a different colmn or
is there something I can add to the formula to round it to the nearest
dollar? Here is an example if the formula I'm often using in this
spreadsheet.

=((C22*G11)*G17)

Peo Sjoblom

There is no need to have those extra parenthesis unless there are other
types of calculations involved (like addition), to round that to the nearest
dollar would be

=ROUND(C22*G11*G17,0)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Chandra" wrote in message
I'm working in a spreasheet that has a lot of formulas, if I want to round
the number that a formula shows, do I need to do that in a different colmn
or
is there something I can add to the formula to round it to the nearest
dollar? Here is an example if the formula I'm often using in this
spreadsheet.

=((C22*G11)*G17)

Marc Fleury

"?B?Q2hhbmRyYQ==?=" wrote in
:

I'm working in a spreasheet that has a lot of formulas, if I want to
round the number that a formula shows, do I need to do that in a
different colmn or is there something I can add to the formula to
round it to the nearest dollar? Here is an example if the formula I'm
often using in this spreadsheet.

=((C22*G11)*G17)

Do you just want to round what it SHOWS, or what it calculates? In other
words, if you're going to be doing more calculations with the value in that
cell, do you want to do use the rounded off value in the new calculations?

Because if you only need to round off what the cell DISPLAYS, you can do
that by formatting the cell -- you don't need to change the formula at all.

--
Marc.

JE McGimpsey

Or