Mark Renfrow

Default Automatic date

I would like to have the current date appear in a cell when an entry is made
in either an adjacent cell or any other designated cell. If the cell is
blank then the date cell would be blank. Basically we want to track the date
of inputs into various cells.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Bob Phillips

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Mark Renfrow" wrote in message
I would like to have the current date appear in a cell when an entry is

made
in either an adjacent cell or any other designated cell. If the cell is
blank then the date cell would be blank. Basically we want to track the

date
of inputs into various cells.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Mark Renfrow

Bob, thanks,

I pasted like this in the sheet code but got an error...did I do this wrong?

Sub datemacro()

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit:

Application.EnableEvents = False

If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then

With Target

..Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")

End With

End If

ws_exit:

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"Mark Renfrow" wrote in message
I would like to have the current date appear in a cell when an entry is

made
in either an adjacent cell or any other designated cell. If the cell is
blank then the date cell would be blank. Basically we want to track the

date
of inputs into various cells.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Bob Phillips

Mark,

You don't need this line

Sub datemacro()

so just delete it. It is worksheet event code that is triggered when you
make a change to the sheet.

--

HTH

RP