marika1981

Default De-Attach Macro?? Is there any way?

Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!
Bernie Deitrick

Marika,

If they are shapes, then try

Sub Macro3()
Dim myShape As Shape
For Each myShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes
myShape.OnAction = ""
Next
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"marika1981" wrote in message
Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of

macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but

the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!

Earl Kiosterud

Marika,

If the buttons run macros, what good would they be without the macros?
That's how the buttons get stuff done -- they run macros.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"marika1981" wrote in message
Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of
macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but
the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!

marika1981

Good question. I'm working on a Mac and the people who need to see the
project/spreadsheet I've created are working on PCs. When I send them the
file or give it to them on cdrom, they can't open the file. As such, I
wanted to get rid of the macros just so they could see the file and its
layout.

Certainly, the MORE CENTRAL question would be: do you know why macros
created on a Mac (Excel version 10.1.0) wouldn't open on a PC running Excel
2000? The tech people think it might be a security issue that can be changed
on the macros.....

Please let me know if you have any thoughts - I'm in deep trouble.....

Thanks so very much..

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Marika,

If the buttons run macros, what good would they be without the macros?
That's how the buttons get stuff done -- they run macros.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"marika1981" wrote in message
Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of
macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but
the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!

Dave Peterson

There are a few Mac users who hang around here, but if you don't get a good
answer soon, you may want to post in the macintosh newsgroup.

microsoft.public.excel.macintosh

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Marika,

If the buttons run macros, what good would they be without the macros?
That's how the buttons get stuff done -- they run macros.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"marika1981" wrote in message
Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of
macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but
the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

I think the active Mac newsgroup is:

microsoft.public.mac.office.excel

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Marika,

If the buttons run macros, what good would they be without the macros?
That's how the buttons get stuff done -- they run macros.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"marika1981" wrote in message

Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of
macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but
the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Please reply if you know!!

Thank you!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

JE McGimpsey

Su

Public Sub DeAttach()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim sh As Shape
For Each sh In ws.Shapes
sh.OnAction = ""
Next sh
Next ws
End Sub

In article ,
"marika1981" wrote:

Is there any way to De-Attach a Macro from a graphic button?? I need to
create a "macros-free" version of a spreadsheet I have with hundreds of macro
buttons (without deleting the buttons). I've deleted all the macros, but the
buttons still look for the non-existing macros.

Is there any way to keep the buttons but delete the macros????

Dave Peterson

That older one still shows up when I search for Excel. But I'd didn't actually
connect to it to retrieve the headers.

(JE posted a similar response to a similar post that pointed to a similar dead
newsgroup.)

<hehe

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

[...]

Debra Dalgleish

I see the microsoft.public.excel.macintosh messages when I compile my
monthly ng stats. Most of the posts are announcements from MS that say:

The new, improved newsgroup for this forum is:
microsoft.public.mac.office.excel

So you should listen to JE!

[...]

JE McGimpsey

Old newsgroups never die...

In article ,
Dave Peterson wrote:

That older one still shows up when I search for Excel. But I'd didn't
actually
connect to it to retrieve the headers.

Dave Peterson

I understand that in general, but I thought that MS would stop carrying it (kind
of like when worksheet.functions replaced worksheetfunctions (replaced in MS
land, added to in the real world).)

JE McGimpsey wrote:

Old newsgroups never die...

In article ,
Dave Peterson wrote:

That older one still shows up when I search for Excel. But I'd didn't
actually
connect to it to retrieve the headers.

--

Dave Peterson
JE McGimpsey

The philosophy seems to be that it's better to keep the ng around on the
server, posting redirection notices, than to have an abandoned group
with their name on it out in usenet-space gathering disgruntled
posters...

If that's the case, it seems like a reasonable strategy.

worksheetfunctions, IIRC, was replaced because the name doesn't meet the
RFC length criteria.