lbbss

Default Record Macro Relative does not work?

Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my
choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell,
then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
(8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro
function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the
contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can
this kind of macro be done?

Peo Sjoblom

To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is
visible, it has 2 icons, one is to stop the recording the other is
relavie/absolute

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"lbbss" wrote:

Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my
choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell,
then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size
(8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro
function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the
contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can
this kind of macro be done?

Peo Sjoblom

Works fine for me, of course you'll get a lot of extra not needed, I just
recorded this

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 12/13/2004 by SjoblomP
'

'
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=6, Length:=6).Font
.Size = 8
End With
End Sub

Of course I got rid of 95% and I don't see the need for enter but if you
want to go to the cell below it would be

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

after End With

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom