Junior Member

Unhappy Date Frequency

Can someone help with this one. I have a list of dates in column G.

1/15/12
1/15/12
1/15/12 frequency for 1/15/12 should be here (i.e. 3)
1/16/12
1/16/12 frequency for 1/16/12 should be here (i.e. 2)
1/17/12
1/17/12
1/17/12
1/17/12

Each date occurs a mutiple number of times. I have sorted the data to show the oldest date at the top and the newest date on the bottom. I want a fuction that calculates the frequency of each date in the adjucent column, F, and possibly put the frequency of each date in the cell adjucent to where each date ends. I used =COUNTIF(G:G,"11/15/12"). It works but I have to go to the end of each date and change the criteria.

Thank you

Last edited by Mukayi : January 18th 12 at 02:33 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Frequency

Hi Mukayi,

Am Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:05:42 +0000 schrieb Mukayi:

1/15/12
1/15/12
1/15/12 frequency for 1/15/12 should be here (i.e. 3)
1/16/12
1/16/12 frequency for 1/16/12 should be here (i.e. 2)
1/17/12
1/17/12
1/17/12
1/17/12

Each date occurs a mutiple number of times. I have sorted the data to
show the oldest date at the top and the newest date on the bottom. I
want a fuction that calculates the frequency of each date in the
adjucent column, F, and possibly put the frequency of each date in the
cell adjucent to where each date ends. I used =COUNTIF(G:G,"11/15/12").
It works but I have to go to the end of each date and change the
criteria.

try in first row:
=IF(G2=G1,"",COUNTIF(G:G,G1))

Regards