Anette

Default user defined formats for small numbers

Is there a way to define a format that displays the number in a minor
unit?
For example, I have a cell displaying unit costs (as a result of a
formula) and the value is 0.0125 (Dollar), but I'd like to display it
as "˘ 1.25" iso "$ 0.0125" for better readability.

As I have to use the value for further calculations, I can't just
simply multipy it with 100.

I know how to display "$ 123456789" as "$ 123 Mio", but I have no idea
if and how I can do the opposite.

Thanks

(P.S: We're still using Excel 97, maybe the solution is obvious in
later releases...)
Anton Haumer

Anette schrieb:

Is there a way to define a format that displays the number in a minor
unit?
For example, I have a cell displaying unit costs (as a result of a
formula) and the value is 0.0125 (Dollar), but I'd like to display it
as "˘ 1.25" iso "$ 0.0125" for better readability.

As I have to use the value for further calculations, I can't just
simply multipy it with 100.

I know how to display "$ 123456789" as "$ 123 Mio", but I have no idea
if and how I can do the opposite.

Thanks

(P.S: We're still using Excel 97, maybe the solution is obvious in
later releases...)

Hi Anette,

I do not know a neat solution, even in latter versions,
only a trick: use format %, this shows the value multiplied by 100;
unfortunately also the %-sign appears.

Again in german since this is a german-speaking NG:
Leider weiss ich keine suabere Lösung, auch in neueren Versionen,
nur einen Trick: benutze das %-Format, der Wert wird mit 100
multipliziert
dargestellt; leider wird das %-Zeichen ebenfalls angezeigt.

HTH, Toni