ChrisA

Default Cannot change formats of cells???

I have this spreadsheet that will not allow me to change the format of some
of its cells. I have tried messing with the protection, but it shows that
the cells are unprotected. Other cells of the same sheet will allow me to do
it but for some reason I cant change others. I right click on the cell and
select "Format Cells" but nothing at all happens. No dialogue, nothing. Any
ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Chris
DNA

Try looking under Tools Options Security

ChrisA

There are no security features on the spreadsheet. No protection, no
passwords. I am beginning to think that the formatting of the borders has to
do with the way the workbook was set up in the beginning. I believe it might
be a template. Would I be able to change the borders in a template?