belitre

Default 20 digit number

I need to put an invoice number with the following format:

#### #### ## ##########

I have to use just 1 celd.
The problem is that Excel 2000 just takes the first 15 digits and
truncates to 0 the rest.
For instance:

Number introduced: 12347890123478961234
Number showed: 1234 7890 12 3478900000

Can someone solve this? Thank you very much.

Regards.

--
belitre
belitre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8896

Andy Wiggins

Excel can only handle figures upto 15 digits.

You will need to input the number as text. Either format the cell as text,
or precede the entry with an ' (apostrophe).

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"belitre" wrote in
message ...

I need to put an invoice number with the following format:

#### #### ## ##########

I have to use just 1 celd.
The problem is that Excel 2000 just takes the first 15 digits and
truncates to 0 the rest.
For instance:

Number introduced: 12347890123478961234
Number showed: 1234 7890 12 3478900000

Can someone solve this? Thank you very much.

Regards.

--
belitre
belitre's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=380499

cvolkert

Not sure if this works for you, but if you format as text, you should be
able to fit the entire figure. If it has to be a number, I'm not sure
off the top of my head. Later, Chad

--
cvolkert
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24380