JimmyS

Default Im in trouble!!! Please Help!! JS

Hello,

Ive bitten off a bit more than I can chew and said I would do a database for
my mum but have become stuck. Here is problem in a nut shell. its a data base
of employees but need a multi-criteria query but can't work out how to:

Set criteria so when seraching for gender, you can not only do male or
female but also search for both. Any ideas???

Also how do I set criteria for tick boxes?? What to serach for all people
who ticked/didn't tick the box.

Thanks so much for your help. I will be forever in your debt!!!
Ragdyer

If I understand what you're asking, say gender is in Column D, denoted by a
"F" and a "M".
Gender search criteria is entered in E1 - either M or F or MF or FM.
*No Quotes* should be used in either the gender column (D1:D100) or the
criteria cell (E1).

=LEFT(E1)&" Count = "&COUNTIF(D1:D100,LEFT(E1))&IF(LEN(E1)=2," &
"&RIGHT(E1)&" Count = "&COUNTIF(D1:D100,RIGHT(E1)),"")

As to your second question, how are these "ticks" being entered?
What form are they in?

--
HTH,

RD