FritzieK

Default Uncapitolize "true" in database

I am trying to type the name "True" in a name and address database. How do I
get it to type in non capitolized?
CyberTaz

Hi Fritzie-

It helps to format the cells as Text first. That way the program disregards
keywords and operators (even if you type in a valid formula preceded by =).
Unfortunately it will not change the case structure for cells where TRUE has
already been capitalized.

You can reformat the cells and then edit them if not too many or you can use
Find/Replace if necessary. Just be sure to check the box for Match Case.

HTH |:)

On 6/18/05 4:58 PM, in article
, "FritzieK" wrote:

I am trying to type the name "True" in a name and address database. How do I
get it to type in non capitolized?

SVC

1. You can change to cell format to Text, then type "true".

2. You can precede "true" with a single quote.

3. If you already have a lot of cells (e.g. in a column) which have "TRUE",
you can insert a new column after this columns, set the format to "Text" and
use the =LOWER function:

If the column with "TRUE" is A, in column B1 type =LOWER(A1) and drag down.
When done, Copy the column and use Paste special, Value to get what you want
(instead of the formula)

"FritzieK" wrote:

I am trying to type the name "True" in a name and address database. How do I
get it to type in non capitolized?

FritzieK

Hi Cyber Taz

Thank you so much for the information. I am having so much trouble with
excel that I never had with word. People like you that share information are
wonderful!