Paul Moore

Default Deleting rows with locked cells

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to overcome a "feature" I've dicovered with Excel
protection. If protection is enabled, with the "delete row" checkbox active,
the row cannot be deleted if there are locked cells in the row.

Is there a way to defeat this "feature"?

Cheers,
Paul excel beginner

--
paul<dotmoore@pandora<dotbe
Adjust "dots" for real address

Dave Peterson

Unlock those cells to start
or
unprotect the worksheet, do the deletion and then reprotect the worksheet?

Paul Moore wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to overcome a "feature" I've dicovered with Excel
protection. If protection is enabled, with the "delete row" checkbox active,
the row cannot be deleted if there are locked cells in the row.

Is there a way to defeat this "feature"?

Cheers,
Paul excel beginner

--
paul<dotmoore@pandora<dotbe
Adjust "dots" for real address

--

Dave Peterson
Paul Moore

Dave, I don't want to unlock those cells, they contain formulas that I'm
afraid I might accidentally delete. It would be nice if I (or my users)
didn't have to unprotect the sheet each time.

Is there any other solution?

Regards,
Paul

--

Paul Moore wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to overcome a "feature" I've dicovered with
Excel
protection. If protection is enabled, with the "delete row" checkbox
active,
the row cannot be deleted if there are locked cells in the row.

Is there a way to defeat this "feature"?

Cheers,
Paul excel beginner

--
paul<dotmoore@pandora<dotbe
Adjust "dots" for real address

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Give the users a macro that would:
unprotect the worksheet
sort your data
reprotect the worksheet.

Record one when you do it the first time. If you have trouble making it work,
post back what you've got.

You could even plop a button from the forms toolbar onto that worksheet. Assign
your sort macro to it and the users might even be happier since they have less
work to do!