sakk555

Default Selecting rows from cells

How would it be possible so that if I use the 'Edit' - 'Go To' -
'Special' - 'Values' on a column, that will select all of values
entered into a worksheet, to then select all of the rows associated
with those columns, copy them all to another page for printing.

Basically I have a long list of things that aren't always used, but all
need to be there. We will go through on any particular job, enter
values for the items that are needed. I need to be able to consolidate
the 5 page list down to a single page and print only the rows that have
the values in one particular field.

Hope that describes things the best way.

Thanks for any help.

--
sakk555
sakk555's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24042

PC

Take a look at Data Validation

PC

"sakk555" wrote in
message ...

How would it be possible so that if I use the 'Edit' - 'Go To' -
'Special' - 'Values' on a column, that will select all of values
entered into a worksheet, to then select all of the rows associated
with those columns, copy them all to another page for printing.

Basically I have a long list of things that aren't always used, but all
need to be there. We will go through on any particular job, enter
values for the items that are needed. I need to be able to consolidate
the 5 page list down to a single page and print only the rows that have
the values in one particular field.

Hope that describes things the best way.

Thanks for any help.

--
sakk555
sakk555's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=376527

Anki

what about go to data, filters, autofilter...that would turn on the filters
on all handers (you should see in the first line, there are black triangles
allow you to click and show all the cell values populated in that column).
Go to the column where it specifies the key (like your job name) and it will
display rows with that key only. The other rows would be hidden, not
deleted. And it will print the displayed rows only.

When you are done and would like to reset, you can pull the filter menu
again and select 'all'. Or simply turn off the filters (again...data,
filters, autofilter)

"PC" wrote:

[...]

sakk555

Anki Wrote:
what about go to data, filters, autofilter...that would turn on the
filters
on all handers (you should see in the first line, there are black
triangles
allow you to click and show all the cell values populated in that
column).
Go to the column where it specifies the key (like your job name) and it
will
display rows with that key only. The other rows would be hidden, not
deleted. And it will print the displayed rows only.

When you are done and would like to reset, you can pull the filter
menu
again and select 'all'. Or simply turn off the filters (again...data,
filters, autofilter)

Thank you, works great!