mregel

Default can you tell me the difference between excel 2000 and excel 2003

can you tell me the difference between excel 2000 and excel 2003
Jerry W. Lewis

Search the Microsoft Knowledge base for new features in XP and in 2003
http://www.support.microsoft.com/
for more complete information.

The biggest difference that I have noticed on a daily basis is auto
recovery. If there is a crash, Excel XP and 2003 will attempt to allow
you to recover the workbook that you were working on.

If you do probability, statistics, or simulations, then many algorithms
are greatly improved.

You have more flexibility in what you protect on a worksheet (for
instance, you can protect formulas while allowing the user to reformat
cells).

Much more has changed that others may wish to comment on, though my
impression is that much of the rest is more evolutionary than revolutionary.

Jerry

mregel wrote:

can you tell me the difference between excel 2000 and excel 2003

Bob Umlas

You asked between 2000 & 2003, not XP & 2003, so here are SOME differences:
File/New gives the task pane
Task pane has dropdown for New Workbook, Clipboard, Search, Insert
ClipArt
File/Open dialog box has "Open and Repair." option
Ask A Question commandbar
Function Tooltips when typing a function
Colored Sheet Tabs
Insert/Symbol
Worksheet Protection features
Tools/Protection/Allow Users to Edit Ranges
Ctrl/C twice fast brings up Clipboard; or Edit/Clipboard
Clipboard taskpane Options button
Paste options smart tag
New options in Paste Special
Copy/Paste need not be same size. If not multiple of original, gets
original shape.
Press a cell w/Hyperlink (not click) changes to a plus pointer w/o
invoking link
Fixing formulas tag -- when formula omits adjacent cell.
Find within sheet/workbook
Find Formatting
move tbbs w/alt/drag
Format Cells contains a Locale setting on number tab when "Special" is
selected
Distribute text in cells
Merge button is a toggle
Draw borders
Tools/Error checking
Tools/Formula Auditing/Evaluate formula
Tools/Formula Auditing/Show Watch Window
Drawing objects have builtin rotation option
Camera tool takes bad pictures(!)
Graphics in Headers & Footers
Full file path in header
Print won't print blank pages
Auto-sum includes other than sum
Open/Save files in XML
Edit links contains a Startup Prompt button
Pivot tables now contain a field list view
Pivot table tb contains PivotTable/Order/Move Left.
Autosave builtin to save tab
File/Open, Save is resizable
Page setup has feature to show how errors are printed
deleting a never-used sheet doesn't alert
New tabs in Tools/Options
Narrow column tooltip -- hover over ### to see contents