Chris

Default Sort Preferences Problem

Is there a way to have Excel remember the most recent sort order choices? I
click in three levels to sort and then as soon as I go back to do the same
sort again, I get the default that requires all the sort criteria to be
reentered. Thanks! Chris
Dave Peterson

If it's something you do over and over again, have you thought of recording a
macro when you do it once?

Then you could just run the macro when you need to do it the next time?

--

Dave Peterson
David McRitchie

Hi Chris,
If you're talking about the same sheet, I thought they came up the same
but I almost always go to Data, Sort anyway so it really doesn't matter.
much to me and I guess I don't pay attention or maybe the fact that I
always go to Data, Sort does mean that I pay attention and know not
to bypass that.

The only way to guarantee things work the same is to write a macro
and write it as generically as possible so that you can use it in any
similar situation.
---
HTH,