MFY

Default locking formula for shared excel spreadsheets

I have a shared excel spreadsheet with filter and formulas, I need to lock or
protect the formula, but when I set protection on the filter column will not
work eventhough I have enable the column to be filtered. Please help.
Gary's Student

This may not help, but its worth trying:

1. Unprotect the worksheet
2. Unlock all cells in the worksheet
3. Lock only the specific cells containing formulae
4. Protect the worksheet
--
Gary's Student

"MFY" wrote:

I have a shared excel spreadsheet with filter and formulas, I need to lock or
protect the formula, but when I set protection on the filter column will not
work eventhough I have enable the column to be filtered. Please help.

Dave Peterson

What version of excel are you using?

If you're using xl2002+, you can protect the worksheet and allow autofilter on
the protection dialog. (It worked ok for me).

But in earlier versions (xl2k and before), you have to make a choice:

1. shared, unprotected and allow filter
2. not shared, protected and allow filter

If you choose #2, you'll need code to allow the filtering.