vnvkatz

Default Importing Data from Access into Excel

I have a spreadsheet that has mutiple tabs that I want to import data from an
Access table into a specific cell everytime I refresh.
Ron Coderre

That's not a lot of information to go on, but....in general, you could start
with:

1)Select the cell where the data pull will begin to store the Access data
2)DataImport External DataNew database Query
3)Select the MS Access data source
4)Select the table(s) you need to use and progress through the MS Query
screens.
5)At the end, you can either select to edit the query or just send the data
back to Excel.

6)Repeat for each sheet that is to receive the MS Access data.

Thereafter, you only need to select a cell in the data range and DataRefresh

Does that help?

Ron

vnvkatz

Thanks Ron,

This helps considerably. Let me step it up a notch and see if this is
possible.

The Excel file I am populating looks similar to this:

Product XYZ 6/6/2005 6/13/2005
6/20/2005

Weekly Demand
Weekly Planned Production
Weekly Actual Production
Variance

What I am trying to do is populate the cells that for each week for each row
heading for the applicable product that is indicated. Is there a way to key
off of the product designation in the spreadsheet to select the appropriate
information in the database to populate the appropriate cells in the work
sheet?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

That's not a lot of information to go on, but....in general, you could start
with:

1)Select the cell where the data pull will begin to store the Access data
2)DataImport External DataNew database Query
3)Select the MS Access data source
4)Select the table(s) you need to use and progress through the MS Query
screens.
5)At the end, you can either select to edit the query or just send the data
back to Excel.

6)Repeat for each sheet that is to receive the MS Access data.

Thereafter, you only need to select a cell in the data range and DataRefresh

Does that help?

Ron

Ron Coderre

I'm thinking there are 3 ways you could go with this, depending on your
flexibility:

1)Pull all relevent data from Access in to a worksheet., then create a Pivot
Table to display the data you want or use lookup/index/match functions to
calculate the specific data.

2)For each tab, create data driven Pivot Table that will pull only specific
data from Access.

3)Create a VBA solution.

Mull those over.
Post back if you need more help...There are many experts on each of those
areas avaialble on this forum.

Ron