New group user 944

Default Excel sheet not visible

When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages)
in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired
the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.
Dave Peterson

Maybe it's just off the screen.

Window|Arrange|Tiled
(and then resize it the way you want)

--

Dave Peterson
Doug

Hi

The only time I have seen this is when there are hidden rows at the bottom
of the worksheet.

Try Ctrl & Home or just Up arrow.

Being able to see the contents of a cell in the formula bar and the fact
that Print Preview works would tend to indicate this although I don't know
why other users would not share your problem.

Doug

New group user 944 wrote in message
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3

Pages)
in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have

repaired
the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.

Shadow

I tried Window|Arrange|Tiled and it works for me.
Interesting thing is that it would open ok for some people and not others.
We use Office 2003 with XP OS.

Thanks for the tip!