chris_manning

Default Heirarchical lists

Is it possible in Excel, either through Combo Boxes in VB or the Data
Validation method to do a hierarchical list selection (List tree)? For
instance, if I have a cell, and when I click on it, the user can select
one of several colors, and then when a selection is highlited (or
clicked) it brings up another list next to the original list of food
items, and then depending on that selection, another list of eating
utencils (this is a silly example, but I think it communicates my
question). Further, no matter what option is selected from the first
two lists, it brings up the same list for the next selection.
ex:
blue
red
purple
yellow-waffles
green tacos-fork
fish spoon<-
steak knife
then, it would enter into cells A1-3, respectively, yellow, waffles,
and spoon.
Any help is appreciated.

--
chris_manning